Rockin' like Steven Tyler & Lookin' like an Idiot

Louisville Travel Blog

Knowing we would be going to Louisville for the Truck Show, I made sure to plan for a visit to the Hard Rock Cafe.  (It wasn't difficult to convince my sister, she just asked that we not eat there.  Not a problem).

We didn't stay long.  Located in downtown Louisville, we lucked into a parking space, just a couple blocks away.  Nathan even stayed in the car while Emily and I ran in.  We stayed only long enough for me to buy a pin (the classic logo), but I definitely had to check out the outdoor Aerosmith display that was promoted on the HRC's website.  I wasn't sure what to expect, but that certainly wasn't it.  I think I had imagined outdoor sculptures or something.  I don't know what I was thinking.  The display was around the corner from the entrance, and was Steven Tyler's microphone and some other memorabilia, in a glass case.  I guess the novelty of it is that is it viewable from outdoors.  But, I did think it was cool -- Aerosmith is my absolute favorite band.  I even pretended to rock it out, looking like an idiot, I'm sure.

My impersonation of Steven Tyler.
My impersonation of Steven Tyler.
photo by: mxpx4life2001