Relaxing Day at Maroochydore

Maroochydore Travel Blog

Maroochydore River

As today was Karina’s last full day in Australia and she had been doing so much we decided on a quiet day today. After breakfast we went to the shopping centre for some retail therapy. The shopping centre is quite unique, built over part of the Maroochydore River in fact!!!

Then after some lunch we swam in the pool and then decided upon a short walk along the banks of the Maroochydore River which was very relaxing. We had said it would be a short walk, but two hours later we returned to the Hostel.

Then I had another swim, while Karina watched and then we ventured into the kitchen where we cooked our dinner for the night a vegetarian pasta according to Karina’s recipe!

The next morning it was time to take Karina to the airport again… We had a bit of time so on the way I took her into Redcliffe another Coastal town, I had been here about 10 years ago, but it had changed a lot since then and as I really had no idea where I was going… I got us lost for a little bit… LOL! But all was good after a visit to the local Information Centre and once I had a map! By the time we explored here for a little it was time to travel the rest of the way to the airport.

It was sad to see Karina go as we had such a good holiday together and I know how much she loves this country so I know she was sad to leave also… But I know she’ll be back soon!

On my way home from the airport, I dropped in to see my cousin again and this time a very happy little Maddy, she was crawling all over me!!! LOL

photo by: theonionlady