Picking up Karina!

Brisbane Travel Blog

Brisbane Treasury Casino!

I met Karina as we had planned when her plan flew on from Sydney. After collecting the bags we headed into Brisbane to where we had booked our first nights stay, the Brisbane Manor. Karina had found the Motel and the picture from their web site looked amazing, like an old Heritage style building, so I was driving down the street looking for that, while Karina was paying attention to the navigation system (I really am such a typical male sometimes… LOL). Anyway, the picture I had seen was the view from the Motel, which was actually an old Heritage Building in the Brisbane Exhibition Centre. Karina was saying… Merv the address is back there and I was saying… but that’s the building from the Web Site… OK… she was right… and not for the last time on our trip… LOL! At least I can admit I was wrong… doesn’t that take a big man???

The Motel was quite interesting, we had a double room with an ensuite but the place was set up like a Back Packers and we had full use of a large kitchen also to cook meals etc.

Brisbane Eye
For $85 for the night, it was very good, nothing flash, but just right. Situated just a couple of blocks from the Valley district of Brisbane, it was only about 20-30 minutes walk into the city.

So after putting our stuff in the room, we set off for the City and perhaps some shopping??? I was in search of the Emu Oil Cream and Karina was looking for some presents for friends and family. The walk was nice although it did get quite warm, probably close to 35 degrees. We had some sushi for lunch on the Mall in Brisbane and then did some of our shopping before walking across the Brisbane River to South Bank. I just couldn’t resist a dip in the Lagoon there to cool down… so even without a towel, in I went… so refreshing!

We continued our walk through this park land and then across the Goodwill Bridge to the Brisbane Botanical Gardens, then back to the city before heading back to China Town near our Motel, where we hoped to get something nice for dinner.

Brisbane Skyline
Unfortunately it was a bit disappointing as they were doing a revamp of China Town and the shops didn’t have too much variety, especially compared to the shops Karina had visited in Sydney a few days prior. We settled on a few things then went back to the Motel. That night Karina started showing me some of the pictures from the start of her trip and a couple of hours later it was bed time.

Karina taking a pic!