Starting my Trip

Caboolture Travel Blog

A happier moment with Maddy!

The first part of my trip involved me driving closer to where I was to meet Karina, in Brisbane, so I headed of to stay with my Cousin in that area. My drive was pretty boring and quite warm… I must get my air conditioning fixed in my car… LOL! I missed my first opportunity for a great picture of some Aussie wild life as I struggled to avoid hitting the 4 Emus that strolled across the road. Needless to say at that stage, taking a picture was the last thing on my mind! I wasn’t expecting this in that area, I had found a short cut on the road south which saved me about 30 mins in traveling time and was in an area with sugar cane fields, definitely not what I had expected to see!

On my trip, I took a small detour to a coastal town called Hervey Bay to visit a shop to buy my Mum a small present.

Cranky Pants!
A few years ago, I (well it wasn’t actually me, it was Trish, my ex wife) had found some Emu Oil Cream at a Nut Factory there, which my Mum uses for her arthritis, so my plan was to get some for her. So after a 30 minute detour I arrived at the building to find that it had shut down 2 years earlier??? No wonder they didn’t answer my emails… LOL! But as I usually do I had a back up plan and I knew from a trip to Brisbane earlier this year that I could also get it at a shop in Brisbane.

My stay with my cousin was great, I’ve really bonded with her the last month or two and I adore her little baby Maddison (Maddy) who is now 11 months old. For those of you that know me… I am so clucky around kids! LOL! And although young Maddy was sick while I was there which made her quite grumpy, I still loved it. So two nights later I was off to the Brisbane airport to meet Karina…

A drink after dinner!