Chillin' in Chile... literally!

Santiago Travel Blog

The mood was set for our trip to Chile as soon as we crossed the boarder.  From the plane you could see the Andes, these beautiful pristine mountains that bring a sense of calm.  San Tiago, Chile is much the same, very calm.  I’m not sure if it’s the neighborhood we’re staying in, because it’s an upper-income section, or if it’s Chile as a whole that is so calm.  Either way, within the week we stayed in Buenos Aires, I have already adopted it as my home away from home and I kind of miss it.

We have seen some beautiful areas, such as Vina del Mar and “The Hill”.   Valparaiso, a neighborhood in Vina del Mar, actually really reminded me of Trinidad, because there are all these colorful house scattered up a hill by the sea.  It amazes me how similar cities worlds away can be.  “The Hill” was also an awesome experience because you can see the magnitude of the city.  It amazes me how large these cities are and San Tiago makes Atlanta look like a dwarf!  I’m not sure which is bigger San Tiago or Buenos Aires  In other news, we also visited Concha y Toro, a vineyard which was such a lovely experience.  I can now say that I am a wine connoisseur because I know the entire process and what to look for in the top notch wines.  We did also visit the interesting areas of downtown, such as the Presidents house and the Catholic Church, but they pale in comparison to Buenos Aires (or perhaps I’m just biased).

Santiago