Paradise Island

Davao Travel Blog

Here in Davao, though I cannot live very independently like I have for so long, I feel oddly comfortable.
I haven't had the opportunity to go to many places but everytime we have new visitors, we take them to Paradise Island, which is a pretty touristy beach resort but it's wonderful. You can learn to dive or you can just go out with some fins and goggles like my brother dad and I. (if you are looking to get your license or dive, I would suggest planning about a week in advance) Though the skin snorkel area is not very large, we had a great time, especially because it was our first experience with coral. You can actually hear the fish eat! At Paradise there are massage tables, volleyball, a small zoo area with deer, a variety of birds, and other creatures. There is a small playground, authentic foods, and the atmosphere is very relaxing. Here in the Davao, I am learning so much about their cultures, mostly through communication over dinners.. breakfast aaannd lunches (I have gained a few LB's since I ahve been here as it seems eating is a favorite pastime!) There are a lot of restaurant but the nightlife is limited and if you are into the party scene. If you are the adventure type who likes outdoors and experiencing raw culture, Davao is a great place fro that.
I'm sorry that I am unable to write very much as I am staying with family friends who do not have internet and only have very limited time to write online. Tomorrow we are going to the Crocodile farms where I will experience my first crocodile meal.
photo by: agif14