EuropeItalyRome

First At Sea Day

Rome Travel Blog

The hot glass show on the ship.

I had a glorious night of sleep, but unfortunately my mom was not used to the slight rocking motion of the ship and she didn't sleep at all (poor thing!).  We ordered room service for breakfast - awesome coffee.  And then we lounged in the Persian Garden of the spa (steam room, sauna, and heated lounge chairs), after I squeezed in a workout (great gym).

We attended the hot glass show for a little while - interesting, but my mom was bored.  There was a shopping show for our first two port stops (Santorini and Mykonos) which we attended.  Quite informative but terribly long, so we skipped out early.  We browsed through the boutiques and then headed to lunch.  My steak was ok but my mom's shrimp pasta was super good.

On the real grass lawn.
  There was an art auction I wanted to attend, but my mom was super tired so she left to take a nap, leaving me and my credit card to our own devices - dangerous!  But I was good.  I only purchased one piece - a stone signed Chagall lithograph - so beautiful.  I had always wanted a Chagall so I was extremely happy!  The art auction was actually quite entertaining and educational.   I highly recommend it.

Afterwards, I treated myself to a gelato cone.  Not as good as San Crispino, but I can't be that picky.

When I returned to the room, I watched Nights in Rodanthe with my mom.  I have to admit I watched tons of movies on this cruise that I would normally never watch, but hey, I'm on vacation.  The movie was incredibly sappy and predictable, but I'm like a leaky faucet regardless so I cried and cried.   Not a pretty picture when we went to the dinner buffet - lots of selection but the food is definitely not as good as the main dining room food - but no matter.  Remember, there are no single guys on the cruise anyways.  lol!

At lunch.
At lunch.
Steak with balsamic vinegar sauce.
Steak with balsamic vinegar sauce.
This shrimp pasta was delish!
This shrimp pasta was delish!
Gelato break.