AsiaJapanTokyo

My short trip to Tokyo (Early Sep 2008)

Tokyo Travel Blog

Bakurocho Station
First time travelling by myself to Tokyo, I was more excited than scared. I thought I was well prepared, at least I searched lots of information before heading out. When I arrived at Narita airport early morning, I suddenly got puzzled about where to go. I have wasted lots of time in the airport, trying to figure out best way to go to the hostel I booked. It was suppose to be Autumn, the weather still hot as. I was hungry but didn't want to eat. Kept trying various kinds of drinks from vending machine. With my broken Japanese mixed with English, finally managed to get back to the hostel. First time experienced the cozy mixed dorm, in which I was the only female in the room. The room has nothing like the picture showing on their website. I didn't imagine how big the room would be, as I heard lots of people saying to be prepared of the room size. However I didn't expect it would be so tiny. Lucky my roommates were all nice blokes from different countries, and we had great chat. The next day, with the help of the travel guide/map from my nice Austrian roommate, I suddenly see the light. Maybe it was long hour flight made my first day a bit of dull. Once I got used to it, I felt very comfortable with the surrounding area and nice people there. Although I wish my Japanese could be better. I have stayed only 5 days there, been to Asakusa, DisneySea, Shibuya, Ginza, Odaiba, Ikebukuno, Yoyogi park, Meiji shrine, Yokohama etc. On the last day, I managed to get in touch with a friend at Shinjuku station, who I haven't seen for 7 years. It was a short trip, I enjoyed a lot.
Tokyo