The road to Larnaca

Larnaca Travel Blog

Another evening of colorful horizon

From here, my goal now was fastest way back. It was getting late and I wasn’t even near Limassol yet and that was still almost an hour from Larnaca.

In trying to take a more direct route back to Limassol I ended up driving through an area that evidently has some waterfalls, near Trimiklini. That would be a note for another trip.

Finally getting to a main highway in Limassol was liberating…..and I could now use the accelerator, again. The colors of the sky were so beautiful, again, as the sun set. Maybe it’s that way every day, here. I could get used to that. It’s so calming, watching the soft muted colors fading into night.

Back in Larnaca, I am prevented from reaching my destination due to a car being stopped by the police, totally blocking the tiny one-way street….aarrgghh!!! I had to make the round of the whole Old Town area and 15 minutes later could finally get to my hotel.

What a great day. It was a lot of fun to drive through the twisties of the mountains and see the many colors and different nature types from the southern area to the central and then to the northern. Each was unique and special.

Kykkos was fantastic. I would love to come back and hike in this area….I could never tire of the view.

Tomorrow, my last day, I hope to enjoy Pafos and the western coast. I have to get up early……I just have to. It’s almost 2 hours one way! I can do it!

Africancrab says:
You write well, wow, the police huh! that sucks
Posted on: Dec 04, 2009