Remote and Remarkable

Capo Greko Travel Blog

Fig Tree Bay

Now from here it was only 20 minutes and I was winding my way along Fig Tree Bay. I stop along its southern coast and get out for a view from the water’s edge. The water is so very blue here. The rock seems more like concrete in it hardness but has been eroded to look like some coral that I’ve seen. It looks very porous but is extremely hard! The visual texture is very interesting. There were several people fishing along the rocks and some hikers here as well.

I got back in the car and headed for the end of the peninsula (Cape Greko). Well, really, you can only go close to the end as it is not accessible. There are nature trails, great diving (there are many wrecks visible in the water), and much marine life to view in the surroundings.

Capo Greko

I reach the end of the road and walk to the south side of the cape. The three communications towers detract from the great natural beauty. The water has eroded some of the rocks into very interesting shapes, along the cliffs. From this spot on the cape you have a commanding view of the headlands…..quite a view.

I climb down from the perch that I had for my pics and drove back to the park entrance. I stopped once for a picture of a lone tree with a bench under it. I did drive down a dirt road that was a couple hundred meters from the tree but, I shouldn’t have. I found the spot where the TRASH is dumped…..at the water’s edge……in the park. I don’t even know how this is possible. It sickened me……I left.

photo by: delsol67