Evening around town

Larnaca Travel Blog

I needed to pick up the speed. I wanted to be back at the hotel by dark, which was fast approaching. I got to the highway and was on the outskirts of town in a matter of 15 minutes. I passed the massive Roman aqueduct that I had hoped would be a part of today’s journey but, Maybe tomorrow.

Now from here, things get fuzzy. I came in to a part of town that was unfamiliar. The farther into town, the more confused as to my orientation within Larnaca. For almost 30 minutes in stop and go traffic, I had no idea where I was, other than Larnaca. I made a turn at one point….gut instinct. Another 10 minutes later….I think that I’m screwed but, just then I see the narrowing of the street for the curve to go down the street between the boardwalk and the beach. Somehow I’d made it to where I needed to be but, I was in a turning lane……not what I needed. I quickly found a place to turn around and now got in line with a thousand others to make their way down the beach road.

Eventually, I made it to the street just before the fortress and near the church……where I needed to be.

Five minutes later, I’m parked in front of the hotel with the best parking spot they have. Thank you, GOD!

I cooked a dinner of the fresh veggies that I had bought at the market. I took some time to blog a bit about my day. There was much to say.

After writing for awhile, I decided to take a break. I went back out and walked along the boardwalk. It was packed. There were families walking with the kids, teens leaning the social ways, tourists enjoying the best of Cyprus evenings. I walked around fortress, along the water, and the mosque. I’ll have to come back for a closer look. A guy asked me it I was French, seriously!

I walked down the shopping street headed to St.

Lazurous which was all lit up and dramatic. It made for great night shots.

When I returned, Rob called me and we added my mother in. Rob was in Boston, My mother in Southern Alabama and then me, in Cyprus. We had a great chat and then I was off to bed.

Today was amazing. A tour of the southeast coast followed by the top of the central region on a mountain, what a great and exciting day.

What will tomorrow bring?

photo by: ewooce