Saints Game Day

New Orleans Travel Blog

Super Dome

With a 3 o'clock game, we had some time to kill in the morning.  So we walked up to the Audubon Aquarium of the Americas, which is located on the Riverwalk just north of the Marketplace mall.  Then we had brunch at Cafe Adelaide located in the Loews New Orleans Hotel.  I had a tasty rhy whiskey pork cheek "smashed" poboy with cayenne pickles, chevre and green tomato mayo.  The only problem was that "smashed" seemed more like a pressed Cuban sandwich to me than a traditional poboy.

We walked along Poydras to the Super Dome with many Saints fans making their ritual game day trek.  People lined the sidewalks selling beer cans out of coolers on the way to and from the game.  The Saints were 7-0 entering the game.  The Panthers took the lead right away with a DeAngelo Williams 64 yard rushing touchdown.  The Panthers would lead by as much as 14 points, but the Saints would eventually come back and remain undefeated to the delight of the crowd.  We sat on the lower level under the overhanging second level, and I can say that this was the second loudest stadium I have ever been in.  The game was good and the crowd was even better.