Arrival and dinner

New Orleans Travel Blog

I flew in by myself, but met a couple of friends flying in from Florida.  They had never been to New Orleans, so after we checked into our hotel, I showed them around town.  We walked to the Hard Rock Cafe, the French Quarter, including all of the craziness of Bourbon Street, Harrah's and then to dinner at MiLa.  None of us realized until we got there that there was a threat of Hurricane Ida hitting the city in two or three days.  That first day was windy, but warm and sunny.  The rest of the time was overcast or rainy and very, very windy!  Luckily Ida turned east and missed the city, so none of our flights were affected.  Since I had already been here a few times, I didn't take many pictures at all.  I'm hoping to get some from one of my travel companions.

That first day, Bourbon Street was as crowded as normal, but when the rains came a few days later, it was practically deserted.  I was surprised to see how many of the same establishments I had visited in previously trips were still exactly as I remembered them.

Oh, and when we were leaving the Hard Rock Cafe, we saw the New Orleans Saints head coach, Sean Payton, walking in with his family.  I thought it was pretty odd that he would go to dinner to a downtown chain restaurant the night before a game, but I guess he can do whatever he wants while having an undefeated season (so far).

rintjez says:
Pictures :D
glad u guys were not affected by the hurricane Ida
Posted on: Nov 22, 2009
New Orleans Hotels & Accommodations review
Great for convention, but need to walk far to most tourist spots
This location is most convenient if you are visiting the convention center or if you are boarding in a cruise ship, but you will either have to walk f… read entire review
New Orleans Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Great upscale Southern cuisine just oustide of the French Quarter
MiLa is the collaboration of a husband and wife team that hails from Mississippi and Louisiana. They serve sophisticated modern fare with hints of tr… read entire review