FInal Prep

Woonona Travel Blog

So of course this trip begins with a momentary state of significant anxiety.

Chilling at Woonona beach in the mid-30 degree C with a couple of the girls at work, telling them "Yeah, I'm all packed and ready to.... OH CRAP! I need to find my passport!" But it was lunch time and the smell of a sausage sizzle over at the Christian Bible study Surf comp (most random collection of words... ever!) led Jae-wang, Loz & I to Bunnings Hardware for a sausage sandwich.

Needless to say, as I'm writing this journal entry I have obviously found my passport; otherwise frantic searching & not lethargic typing would be occurring.

As Olivia & I are catching the train to the airport early in the morning, I caught the only bus up to campbelltown at 5.50pm. Of course I didn't stop to think that I would be experiencing transport akin to a developing nation so soon on my trip. The bus was full of teens sprawled across seats, and cluttering the aisle; shirtless & clutching towels, they were from c'town, having come down to wollongong to claim a patch of our sandy beaches.

I caught up with Liv (and Anne) at Mac Square, where they had been New-ly Mooned with some bare-chested vamp's & werewolves.

Our final prep began with checking in online and finding our seats were next to the windowless 'window' seat... hmmm, no wonder the tickets were so cheap. A prompt change to something which would at least allow some natural light, and things are all good for a 5ish am beginning!