Spanish break

Barcelona Travel Blog

Monument a colom

I almost didnt make this trip!! I decided to take an early flight out of London but i woke up late, miscalculated the travel to Gatwick airport and to make things worse, i have to wait for my hand carry bag which was in que to be manually inspected cause I forgot to put out in a clear plastic all my liquids. I wanted to be in a hurry but ended up delayed, silly me! But thank goodness, i made it to the still long que getting in the pre departure lounge. whew!

I was a good choice that my hotel was just almost beside the main train station which was very convinient. The 5.80 euros train ticket gave access to all the buses and trains. Cheap way to explore. Be carefull though of pickpockets! I was almost a victim of a woman thief! I was in shock! I must have looked very touristy, well i was carrying an SLR camera, that must gave me away.
I didnt cover much of the sights and my legs were so tired of walking so i decided i wil join a bus tour the following day. Indeed it was a smart choice. It may cost a bit but still a smart way to see all the sights.
I was never fond of spanish foods due to the spice but after that paella, hhmmm...i was addicted!
The first sight i went to was the Sagrada Familia, It was massive but for 11 euros to see that i was just a construction site inside, it was a dear price to pay. The original paintings in the catedral was just awesome. Too bad we were not allowed to take photos of it. MNAC has got great collection as well.Montjuic offered a great view of the city. I missed Park Guell, it was already a bit chilly that afternoon and i dont want to miss my flight back. So next time. I enjoyed a cup of coffee in Placa Catalunya but stayed off from shopping. That was some self control!
I would definitely come back here in this city that is greatly influenced by the architectural work of Gaudi.

Metro
Metro
On the bus tour
On the bus tour
Placa de Catalunya
Placa de Catalunya
Museau Nacional dArt De Catalunya…
Museau Nacional d'Art De Cataluny…