Budapest.

Budapest Travel Blog

Budapest on a misty day
I get off the train in Budapest and within 2 minutes I get mugged off by a 60 year old woman. I wasn't to sure of the currency exchange rates in Hungary and and this woman could see it a mile off. Turned out I paid nearly five pound for a small bottle of fanta. What a MUG!!! but I suppose it happens to nearly everyone at some point on their travels. Then on my second day there I went to a restaurant with my Girlfriend and ended up paying almost 25 pounds for a small pizza, a ham baguette, and 3 small colas. Turns out that I didn't quite have enough to pay for it, so the guy tells me there is a cash point around the corner. So I leave my GF in the restaurant and go to get some cash, turns out that every cash machine in the area is empty.
I spent half an hour running around for what turned out to be 30p and it was also part of the service charge they added on. Really need to get on top of the currency exchange rates!. The thermal baths are great. It costs about 9 pounds for two hours. I went there on the sunday and it was busy but at the same time relaxing. I think the locals go regularly and use it as a social spot as there were loads of wrinkly old men in speedos playing chess or something similar in the the baths, Not a very nice sight at all! I went to the baths in the park at the north end of pest and I must recommend you get a corn on the cob from the stall outside. Delicious!!!. The views from the top of the hill or from the castle in Buda are usually fantastic but I climbed to the top hoping the mist would clear, but it didn't and I unfortunately missed out on some fantastic clear views over pest. Budapest is actually a lovely city that is full of energy, culture and history and is well worth spending a bit of time there.8/10
View from the castle on a misty day