Amsterdam Travel Blog

Loved it but I will have to go back though as I was ill and couldn't enjoy as much as I would have liked. But you can just feel the buzz around the city and although most peoples impressions are of drunk and stoned people sitting in bars and cafes, which is true, there is much more to this city. The canals are beautiful even in winter, and probably even more so in spring and summer. The people are great, they are friendly, interesting and very funny and I could not speak more highly of the dutch people.
I am not a perv, but you must visit the red light district, and not for the prostitutes but for the atmosphere. There is a real buzz here and I would also recommend a visit to a sex museum, for a laugh more than anything. One of the most beautiful, friendly yet strange cities I visited around Europe. You could spend weeks here. You must do it 10/10
ilvagul says:
They're friendly and happy because they're always high! :D

However... I need to go there again. I guess I didn't spend enough time there.
Posted on: Jul 22, 2010
wilber85 says:
You must go even if you have to sacrifice one of your other plans! This is a beautiful city with fantastic people and sights. I need to go back again soon!
Posted on: Mar 20, 2010
roxinsox says:
what a great sell on amsterdam! now more determined to go than ever.
Posted on: Mar 20, 2010