Arrival in Geneva and on to Les Houches

Geneva Travel Blog

Park

I got in to Geneva a little early, and was hoping to make the 8am bus to Les Houches to start hiking, but go figure, United lost my bag. To be fair, I wouldn't have made it anyway, but still. Supposedly my backpack was on a flight to Frankfurt. That isn't even the right country! I was told that it should be there by 3, but sometimes it doesn't get there until 5. Well, thats great... The last bus leaves at 4, so I might have to stay in Geneva. Anyway, I decide to go explore the city while I am stuck here and take the free train ticket that the airport offers (score!). My first impressions of Geneva is big money. Everything looks expensive and is for that matter. I walk around for a few hours and hit up the Jet d'Eau, the Armory, St.

Armory
Pierre's Cathedral, the lake shore, and the Hotel d'Ville. I ate lunch and had a really nice onion soup then headed back to the airport. Thankfully my bag arrived on the first flight, and I was able to take the bus down to Les Houches. For some reason I didn't take any pictures or buy any postcards here, because I was thinking I would be back in ten days. That's what I get for thinking that!

Les Houches was a great little town. It is the jumping off poing for many that start the counter-clockwise trek of the TMB. I stayed at the Gite Michel Fagot which was a nice introduction to Gites. There was a nice supermarket right across the street that I stocked up on food at before I ate and went to bed somewhat early. Not before embibbing in some local beer.

ejames01 says:
I like the way you handled everything. You made the most of it and had some fun!!
Posted on: Nov 21, 2009
alicegourmet says:
Glad to hear that you have time to explore the city and have your bag back!
Posted on: Nov 20, 2009