Location: Exactly where I was yesterday

San Antonio Travel Blog

It's probably happened to you at least once in your life. You've dreamed and schemed and fantasized for weeks about your next trip. The flight has been booked. You've crossed another dull day off your calendar and gone to sleep smiling about those long lazy sundrenched afternoons that await you. Agonized about what to bring, rearranged your suitcase at least twice and even downloaded a few new albums to provide the perfect soundtrack for your journey. And finally it's here! You're waxed, packed and ready to go. You take a deep breath on the eve of another glorious adventure filled with possibility and the breathless excitement of the unknown. And then you get a text from your travel buddy:

"not the best news, multiple stitches from a surf accident today. i'm ok but it's pretty bad. will call you when i get out of the hospital."

A short conversation and a plane ticket cancellation later, you're sitting in front of your computer. Stunned, still pale and nowhere to go. No use crying over spilled coconut oil I suppose. And I can't feel too sorry for myself. My travel buddy carved himself a new mouth with his lower front teeth after all. The poor guy can't even drink to console himself-that is unless he doesn't mind dribbling beer on his shirt. As for me, tonight I'm going to pour myself a shot of tequila , blast some Jimmy Buffet and dance around in my sarong and bikini using my bottle of Patron as a microphone. Aye carumba.