getting in

Lima Travel Blog

the room
Our arrival at Jorge Chavez International Airport went quite smoothly. This trip includes my three friends Jlocs, Erate, BK, and myself. I had already booked a room at the Kokopelli Hostel in Miraflores, so we just needed a cab and there was plenty of them. It was about a 35-40 minute ride into town and our driver was cruising! It seems like the cabbies like to drive a bit fast around Lima- makes for a fun ride.

The check in at Kokopelli was easy as can be and the neighborhood was still packed with people eating and drinking. That was good because we were looking to go out and get our booze on. We checked into our room, it was pretty nice, and met a girl named Jodi who joined us for drinks and a night out in Lima. We started at the rooftop bar of our hostel which was really cool spot overlooking the streets of Miraflores. It also was cool that they serve the Deuce/Deuce style beer bottles instead of regular bottles.  While up there we met one of the owners, real cool guy, made us feel welcome and gave us the general run down. Always good info. There were a good amount of clubs and bars around the area so we went out and preceded to get boozed up. Everything was closing around 3:30-4am ish so we got back before as the sun was coming up. We had plans to wake up and roll out to Mancora in the morning.
kokopelli room
kokopelli room
at the bar
at the bar
outside
outside
Lima Hostels review
One of the Best
In November 09' three friends and myself stayed at this hostel. I would have to say that it is one of the best hostels I have ever stayed at in all as… read entire review
Lima