Goreme

Goreme Travel Blog

street market
In the morning we went to the street market. I just love the spirit of those places. And because it's a lot warmer climate than in Poland Turkish markets have to offer a lot of stuff that are difficult to find in my country. Like spices - the smell of cinammon was filling the air, as the people were unpacking their goddies on the market. Because I went there with my mom, and she has an irritating habit of getting up really early I had no other choice than get out of the worm and friendly bed, and go to the street market.

Later we went to see the churches in the Goreme Valley. They say there are more than 150 churches in the caves over there. I really started seriously admire these people who were so religious and ready to make those sacrifices for their believes, because christianity was then the prevailing religion in the region.
What's more amazing that each church is different, with its unique ornaments, name, history and paitings. From the most important is the Tokali Church, the Apple Church etc. , and a number of homes and pigeon houses carved straight into the rock formations in the town.

After visiting the Goreme Valley we had a stop at the ceramic's factory, where people were preparing these amazing things made from clay etc. I'm not a big fan of that kind of things. I definitely prefer to see some outdoors stuff, historical places. I found that less interesting than the carpet factory, that was really amazing. So I won't spent to much place on writing about it.

Later we went to eat sth. A lot of people that were with us decided to go with little restaurant that offered like lunch hour- a buffet, but we decided to find out sth more typical for the region. And we find out this littlest place ever- one of many kebabci. We ordered a chicken kebab each and ended very happy with our choice. The meal was very tasty, with some delicious bread.

Ultimately we directed towards Konya. It was our last day in Cappadokia. I can say I experienced here some amazing views, and the nature completely stunned me once again.
remains in Goreme