Down Town Jewels of Salt Lake City

Salt Lake City Travel Blog

Set up an exhibit upstairs in the Grand Ballroom B for the Utah Society of Association Executives Annual Meeting and Expo. The staff of the Salt Lake City Hilton were friendly and helpful. The set up took no time at all, so I broke out for a walk about down town. 268 South State Street housed a high ceiling, retro decorated Beans and Brews Company coffee shop. Local literature upon a coffee table beside overstuffed and very comfortable chairs, then lead me to discover Uptown Cheapskate 353 W 200 S. This shop taunts: Your Clothes, Our cash. Let's Trade. The shop pays cash or store credit for used clothing in good condition.
My favorite find of this morning would be Gallivan Center. A team of workers had lines of holiday lights across the lawn, ladders leaned upon a building and all pitched in to guide the light strands aloft to decorate this open space in down town Salt Lake City. It is an event space for rent. I read the ice skating rink can be rented for $500 for a two hour period (as a baseline price). Personally, I mentioned to my husband, if we do travel to Lehi for Thanksgiving Point this winter, we have to plan to join the public all-skate at the Gallivan Center too.
I actually used the Howard Johnsons on North Temple for this trips overnight. Reasonable rates, wifi is free. I entertained myself walking a block to stroll the gorgeous Gateway "open-air" Shopping section. The dancing fountains of the Olympic Legacy Plaza were delightful.
Salt Lake City Hotels & Accommodations review
SLC hotel convenient to downtown
If you are a walker, this location is useful for Temple Square, the Salt Palace Convention Center, using the light rail system, getting to the airport… read entire review