First day in Chiang Mai -
Chiang Mai Travel Blog› entry 16 of 62 › view all entries
November 28th, 2009 – by: sshaunaa
By this time it was past noon, so I decided to take my map and camera and roam around the city. I ended up "wat hopping" and saw almost a dozen of them. What surprised me is that they all look very different. I was wearing shorts (badly planned but it was HOT!) so I couldn't go inside any of them.
In the evening, me and the two girls in my room (one from Portugal and one from Spain) went to the Saturday Night Market, which is just outside the south wall of the old city. I didn't do much shopping, but I did manage to sample most of the food sold by the vendors within the market. Between the three of us we had (and this was after eating at one of the food vendors outside the market):
- soy milk with something added to it (we had no clue), which was served as "Take-away" in a plastic bag
- mini jello type fruit things
- waffle on a stick filled with chocolate
- brownie served in a cup
- miscellaneous deep dried pastries
- didn't try, but found the spam-type pork on a stick interesting and many locals were eating it
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!