Back in Oz with my mysterious Asian disease

Perth Travel Blog

The next couple weeks were spent moving between sleeping in bed and on the couch. Fortunately, the Winter Olympics were on and I had 4 channels with 24/7 access. Needless to say, lots of my awake time was spent horizontal on the couch, watching every event in the games.

After a week or so of laying around and not having enough energy to walk to the end of the driveway to get the mail, I decided to go see a Aussie doctor to find what was wrong with me. After a medical and blood work, the tests showed there was nothing medically wrong with me. I did weigh myself and found out I'd lost 8 pounds since I had last been in Australia at the end of January. Not a good thing physically, but if there's a positive side effect to getting some mysterious illness, losing a few pounds, isn't so bad!

Obviously something was still wrong. I had been offered a job for 6 months with the company I was working for previously, but told them I had to feel better first. My first day of work ended up being March 15th, which was only a couple days after I felt well enough to go for a light workout at the gym and a month after I had returned to Perth.

A month later, I'm starting to plan my next trip, which will have me flying out of Perth the day after my contract ends. Spain, here I come!
Perth