I think it’s time for an update!! Been a busy few months...

Johannesburg Travel Blog

Paulina arrived at the airport and I was late in the taxi, all systems normal!  Was good (Fantastic!!!) to see each other again after so long apart and we spent some days at a lodge run by some very nice Germans.  The plan was to ride south to Port Agulhas (most southerly point in Africa) and then Cape Town.  First we had a look for a 4x4 to travel in afterwards for a few months, would be more comfortable than the bike and we could enter the game parks in an enclosed vehicle.

We almost had a Landrover Defender 90 that was kitted out for long overlanding trips from dealer but for some reason it was sold from under us, that´s what we were told…  We continued looking and the German people told us about a company Bushlore, a self drive Safari company that might be able to help.  It turned out they had a couple of 4x4’s for sell and in the end agreed to buy a 2006 Landrover 110 with 180000kms with long range fuel/water tanks, dual battery system, sliding drawer system in the back with various protection bars around it.  It was high mileage but they seemed to look after it well from their service history sheets.  Might be a problem as people who have driven it didn’t care so much as it was hire vehicle but it’s difficult to find overlanding 4x4’s and you can spend a lot of time looking for one.  I hoped I could sell this one easily again and with the deposit paid we rode south.