Swaziland

Swaziland Travel Blog

Into Swaziland, this was our last country before the process of moving out of Africa.  Swaziland has a lot of sugar cane and yep, into another Park.  This time we were in search of rhino and we found them.  We did a walking tour and on foot we got very close but these animals didn’t charge us, they ran away.  Evaluation has taught them to fear people.

Before leaving Swaziland we stopped at a place that was on a hilly range and windswept.  We organised some horse riding, it was our first time together on horseback and afterwards I was walking like John Wayne!

While at the stables I could not help but notice all the bikes about and Yamaha flags, lots of people with motorbikes from South Africa.  It was the Yamaha launch of the new 660 Tenreie, and I managed to borrow a helmet and gloves off a guy, then I was off for a spin up into the mountains on it.  It handled well on the gravel with lots of power, the front end washed out a bit a couple of times but a tweak to the front suspension could solve that.  I came back 30mins later with a HUGE smile.