Meeting the usual suspects at Aberge Menata, Nouakchott

Nouakchott Travel Blog

Nige along with another biker he meet up at Nouadhibou, Stuart, found me in the morning as I was about to strip Katie again, she wouldn’t start in the morning so I made the correct decision riding the night before rather than be stranded in the middle of nowhere.  But instead of working on the bike I moved some of my gear to the pace they were staying and went to get our Mali visa as Nige was concerned it would close early. Was also good to see the people from the Shetland again and they were glad to see me back safe and sound after leaving us in the sand storm.  After wandering the streets following Nige’s GPS for the Mali embassy 1km away I stopped a taxi, within two minuets we where there and two hours later we had our visas.  The next day was dedicated to working on the bike after a wash, tweaked suspension adjusting the preload spring and after the rough ride I had a spanner party making sure all was tight, had also melted another 30amp fuse for auxiliary electrics I fitted and I think this was due to the physical heat from the engine.  I had more problems starting her and the battery completely discharged but with the last try of the day before the French man left, I’d been jumping off his 4x4’s battery, she fired into life and with more fresh petrol all was once again good in my world.

Nouakchott