Map of the Problematique

Abuja Travel Blog

Behind every cloud there is a silver lining they say?  Woke up yesterday morning with my right eye a little red, woke up this morning with my right eye very red and shut closed with puss.  Good job I wasn’t on the road to Cameroon when this happened.  It was a Sunday but went in search of a hospital (Limi Hospital Ltd), there was no eye person there at this small dirty hospital and I didn’t like the look of it so won’t go back.  Went to an eye clinic that I was told about but this was more an opticians and after speaking with the proclaimed doctor I decided to exercise my growing knowledge of Africa and left.  Plan C, I dug out a small finger tub of cream I took with me that I had from the last time I had an eye infection from Chile.  After a chat with Paulina, her looking on the internet for the instructions for this cream, I decided to go ahead and start using it 5times a day.  Tomorrow I search out another doctor.

How many more things are going to go Pete Tong (wrong) and hold me up, how many more times!!!!!!!!!, hopefully this will be the last but at least it has happened while I’m sat waiting…  time to start laughing.

The other truck turned up today, they were surprised to see me, I was surprised to see them but this is Africa.  They had some trouble with the check points in Nigeria, getting hassled and apparently the drunk copper just up the road from where they were camping started shooting his AK-47 at the ground from above his head at passing cars, think they had a quick camp evac!

photo by: mike1104