Into the unknown…

Ekok Travel Blog

That's how to load a car!!!

The formalities at the Nigerian border took a while, much writing in logs etc.  Across the bridge into Cameroon and that’s where the tarmac ended.  Some guys out side the customs post asked us for gifts, there battered 20-30 year old Peugeot packed so full the drive was pushed out the side window, more stuff on the roof and sticking out the back end tied on and its suspension was jacked up half a meter because route was so rough.  I told them “I give you the best gift I have which is Good Luck!” with a smile, everyone burst out laughing and shook hands still laughing.  This next 80km section of the route to Mamfe is very notorious among overlanders, an unmaintained dirt track though the jungle, huge mud holes that could swallow trucks in the wet season.  We checked into the old dirty Boston Inn Hotel once cleared the Cameroon customs and I fitted my nice new rear Michelin Desert on the veranda (no more carrying tyres through Africa), the other truck turned up that night and ended up drinking too much with Pete and some others. Tomorrow would be an early start of the day of the “The Logging Route…”

Thats how to load a car!!!
That's how to load a car!!!
photo by: MrDuck