AfricaTogoLome

GPS signal back

Lome Travel Blog

When I got back from Ghana to Togo and Chez Alice I meet Matt.  We had a good catch up and few beers that night.  The next day he gave me the GPS and I unlocked the maps using the GPD ID and loaded them.  Also did the same for Matt’s GPS, we both had the same maps and with a complete Lagos streetmap he was very happy plus a load of useful Africa away points.  I also picked up a new Michelin Desert rear tyre at Toni’s, that should get me to South Africa, loads of rubber!!!  (had a slow puncher in the front, 4th flat 7th puncher).

I only spent a couple of days in Togo, I would have been nice to travel with Matt but we had different plans, different time scales and I wanted to get a push on.  He was getting his 640 Adventure ready and needed a new battery.  I said my good byes to him and the others at Chez Alice and rode to the border into Benin.  Ended up staying in a Love Motel where you can pay by the hour with your car hidden from others view by a high wall in front of your room, a place for Katie and the room was complete with a rubber mattress.

Lome