First day in Morocco

Morocco Travel Blog

Now we are in Azrou about 350km from Tanger nursing the leftover hangover from Tariffa, we had hoped to be further down Morocco today but because of last nights fun and excitement meant we missed the 9am ferry and took the 11am.  Managed to clear the police/immigration/customs with ease and quickly, one of the local sharks (fixer) tried to help us for a fee but I knew the routine and there was no way I was going to pay them for a wee bit of leg work (I think that may have been our easiest boarder in Africa…).  Had a wee moment on the moto when she fish tailed on some very soft tar going round a bend, I’ll take that as a warning as these roads are not like European ones!  Expect the unexpected.  Nigel tried the ATM again and still no joy getting cash, that will be a phone call back to the UK for him then.  A long day tomorrow to Ouarzazate up over the Atlas, hope it’s dry this time as the last time I rode through a storm crossing the highest paved pass with rivers of mud, falling boulders, 30meter visibility and enough static to knock out my GPS but you can’t get lost when it’s one road going up to the clouds and down again.