Day 2 at the visa refuge camp

Western Sahara Travel Blog

Today was the day to find out why the green neutral is always lit on the dash.  Found a shaded place to work on the moto and took the fairing off.  It was a slow fault finding process not because of the fault but because I’m a friendly person and there was always someone passing who wanted to talk.  Spoke to Italian 1200GS BMW gut (who also has a small monkey) who made it to Dakar but had many problems with his bikes electronics, needs a laptop to fix it and there is no BMW assistance in West Africa.  He’s returning home and not to South Africa, I must ask him if he has a mozzy net I could buy from him.  The fault with light I know is in the wiring loom and I have a connection to ground somewhere, very difficult to find so I pulled out the wire to the electronic dash, no more light on.  Used my 12volt clipper today, cut John’s hair (Scottish guy from Shetland Islands) and then he cut mine but left the beard, not sure how long I’ll keep it but why not.  The small clippers worked well ran from the moto.  At night after a nice chat with Paulina I sat with Nigel and John having a beer outside our place.  Nigel went to bed and left John and I talking.  John is a reserve fireman (plus a IT primary school teacher) and I got to know him more, a good guy and has traveled a lot also, his loves South America (like me but My Love is in South America).