Abuja…

Abuja Travel Blog

The 6hour ride to Abuja was a long one and full of concentration but with less traffic and more watching the potholed road for a path through or even just avoiding the potholes as you come on them, they are deep.

Made it to the Sheraton Hotel no problems, time to live it up baby!  This is a good place close to the embassy’s.  At 190GBP per night for the cheapest room so I’m camping out the back with a hose for a shower, camping is free here.  There was also an overland truck here that I meet in Togo so it’s nice to have some company.  Tried to start the bike after the 6hours of riding with the lights off but nada, nothing…  battery is dead.  With my usual luck I meet a local guy who took me the following day to a keen biker who runs a bikers club.  The Japanese battery will arrive tomorrow evening from Lagos, hope it’s good.  Will cost 70GBP and a bottle of wine for Iseko who believe it or not works for a road building company, hope they didn’t build the roads I had been on!!  My experience of the Nigerians has been very good, very friendly and respectful, not at all what I’ve heard about them.

Also applied for my Angola visa on Monday, will find out if I get it on Wednesday then it will be off for the Cameroon or Congo visa.  Hope to leave here Friday or early Saturday.

Abuja