Party People!

Koh Phangan Travel Blog

We were a little reluctant to leave Samui as we were very comfortable there, but time was pressing and we needed to move!  Off we went to Ko Phangan, which we realised was a good idea with its slightly cheaper food and accommodation, and party atmosphere!  The beach area we were staying in is where the world famous and legendary Full Moon parties are held monthly.  Unfortunately our time on Phangan didn't coincide (however, fortunately it didn't coincide which meant we didn't have to pay the inflated accommodation and food prices!), but we were there for a Black Moon party (they party for all stages of the moon which pretty much means every week! Any excuse!!).  This was basically a rave on the beach which was good fun, despite the 500 baht entrance fee (10 pounds!!!), expensive drinks, and a giant beetle trying to latch onto my toe!!

We spent 3 night on Ko Phangan and spent another of those partying at a nearby resort (Pool Party baby!) where we began with a couple of buckets (Thailand's iconic drink! Consisting of 1/4 bottle of spirits, a can of redbull and a can of pop.).  The pool party concept was fun but after a few drinks the motion of water and beer belly didn't really mix so we retired to the chairs!

Our days on Phangan consisted of lazing on the beach, cooling down in the sea and eating at one of the many restaurants (each morning I had what was becoming my usual: muesli, fruit and yoghurt with a cup of coffee.  Its been getting things started if you know what I mean!) showing a different movie every few hours!!

All partied out, we headed to the final Thai Island!

Koh Phangan