Vienna- the city of surprises

Vienna Travel Blog

the town square
I think I've found my new favorite city on this trip. It's definitely Vienna. This place is so cool! The arts flouish here, with the help of government subsidies, and the music is wonderful. A group of us went to an opera house and watched The Magic Flute with cheap standing room tickets. The main part of the city is within a ring, and the whole place is so cool. The main street running through it feels like an outdoor mall; tons of clothes shops, cafes, and large cobblestone pedestrian walkways with no cars. Perhaps the coolest thing about the area is the juxtaposition of new and old architechture. In the middle of the ring is an old gothic cathedral, and 100 feet away is a modern looking building. The city is tourist friendly, since shopping and tourism is how they make they're money.
St. Stephens
I finally got some laundry done, as me and Stuart walked for about 20 minutes through a nice park carrying sacks of laundry until we found the place. I am really looking foward to tonight! About 8 of us are going to a famous jazz club (I think it's called Porgy & Bess) and it should be awesome. The food has been great here; Although the local cuisine is great, I have indulged in some American favorites at Burger KIng and went to a pizza bistro. Last night, a few of us went to a theater and got to watch the new Pirates of the Carribean movie in English! It was awesome. And I had some mango ice cream right before it. Pretty much put me in a great mood, along with my sickness basically being gone now. I will definitely miss Vienna...hopefully Italy will live up to it!
community band
inside the opera house
inside the opera house
Luke in front of the Belvedere
Luke in front of the Belvedere
I guess you cant walk on it
I guess you can't walk on it
the Belvedere