Paris: final stop before England!

Paris Travel Blog

now that's pretty

Bonjour! Our journey into France began with a beautiful bus ride up the Italian coast into the Chamonix Valley. The place is extremely gorgeous, with tall, snow-peaked mountains surrounding the valley. I had dinner at a great Asian place, getting a 3-course meal for only 15 euros, while we sat on a balcony near rushing water, with mountains in the background and a perfect mild temperature. The hotel was very nice, being very ski-resort like (having a cabin feel). After a nice, relaxing night there, it was on to Paris!

The first couple of days in Paris were hectic, as we had two museums a day and our art journals due soon.

La Pyrimide & me
All of us were so busy with work, it was kind of hard to enjoy the city. But after the second day, a few of us went to the Eiffel tower and had a blast. We didn’t even get there until about 9pm, but it was still light out! As we climbed up to the second level (as high as you can take the stairs) it was getting darker. Finally at 10pm the whole place began to light up and sparkle. It was so cool, and apparently it does that every hour at night. It was even cooler to see from the outside after we climbed down. Unfortunately, the elevator to the top level was closed, but we still had a great view from about halfway up. Afterwards, I had an amazing chocolate, banana, and cream crepe while watching the tower sparkle again. Definitely my favorite moment of the trip so far.

The third day could in no way compare to the second night, but it was still OK. We went and saw some historical things and churches, but the best part was when four of us went to KFC (yes, it’s everywhere!) and got a huge bucket of greasy chicken. God it was good. I then got a nutella, banana, and cream crepe on the street, which tasted even better than the chocolate one from the night before. Didn’t do much that night, other than pack, drink some French beer, and get ready for Oxford. With no finals to really worry about, Paris was way more fun than I was expecting!

now thats pretty
now that's pretty
Invalide
Invalide
Dan Brown says Mary Magdelene is b…
Dan Brown says Mary Magdelene is …
where Diana died