Oxford at last!

Oxford Travel Blog

Vincent, our bus driver
Hello from Oxford! It feels so great to be settled down and speaking English. I arrived a couple of days ago, and although it was sad to be done with our traveling and having to say goodbye to the ElboBus, being here at Worcester (pronounced "wooster") College is like a breath of fresh air. The 50 of us on group 1 were getting to be very close, and now there are over 150 people here, and I'm meeting new ones every day. I really lucked out with my dorm room! I am in the brand new building next to the beautiful playing field; it's nice, big, and modern, complete with my own full bathroom. Others weren't so lucky, but some of the people got older rooms that were really cool and had some character.
    The food here is amazing, and we get free breakfast and dinner during the week.
pop that collar
Although none of England's food is fancy, the cooks here at Worcester prepare it well, and each dinner is three courses.  another great part is the free high-speed internet! After having to pay many euros for wireless and having to find internet cafes on the road, this is wonderful. Laundry and the gym are also very close to my room, and I think all of us no longer take this stuff for granted! I had my first classes today, and although they are a little long and have work almost every day, they should be enjoyable.
    Last night, nearly everyone was crowded into the on-campus pub and it was so much fun. Beers only run 1.50 pounds and it's a great atmosphere. There are also many other great pubs and hangouts right outside of campus. I've also checked out the bookstore (pre-ordered my copy of Harry Potter of course) as well as the grocery store. It's been pretty cold and rainy the past couple of days, but supposedly it gets a little warmer here. It is nice to have highs in the 60s and 70s during the summer, and it will be nice to get in on the daily pickup soccer games out on the field.
    I'm hoping to go to Wimbledon this weekend, so look out for updates on that! Also, I've posted below a bunch of random pictures from throughout the trip, taken off of other people's facebook albums. Enjoy!
on the gondola