Bath (not the kind you take)

Bath Travel Blog

me at the baths
    The second week as Worcester (again, pronouned "Woosta") College was great, and everybody seems to be getting all settled in and familiar with the cool little town. Classes are going well, and other than a heavy workload of reading for history and problems for Statics, it's fun. For our second free weekend, a few of us decided to do a couple of day trips to cool places in southern England, using our Britrail train passes to go pretty much wherever we want. After hearing cool things about it, we decided on Friday to go to the city of Bath.
    One of my favorite things about the whole day was actually getting up for breakfast in the morning (Friday breakfast is the last meal of the week served at the Hall).
listening to the audio guide
It is a full English breakfast, with egg, sausage, bacon, toast, sauteed mushrooms, beans, fruit, cereal, tea, and other goodies. I usually don't wake up for it during class days, but it was great to start Friday off right! We then went to the train station, which is only about a 10 minute walk from campus, and hopped a high speed train to Bath with only one stopover. The whole ride only took about an hour and a half. After arriving, we went to the most obvious destination: the museum of the Roman Baths.
    Back in the 18th century, Bath was considered the "Hollywood" of northern Europe, where all the famous people went to relax and mingle in the wonderful Roman Baths. Now they have made a museum out of it, and it is so cool to walk around and see what the life of luxury was like nearly 2000 years ago.
confused about clothes
It is built over a natural hot spring, and many of the different rooms are still preserved well. After checking that out for a while, me and Joe Holt (another Delta Chi on the trip) decided to go off on our own.
    It was really cool to hang out with Joe for the day, since although he was in my AM class, we haven't hung out that much mostly due to him being a year older and not living at the house. We had some great KFC for lunch and then decided to check out The Assembly Room, which is supposedly the best fasion museum in Europe. Although the idea of clothes didn't excite us that much, we had a student ticket from the baths which included this museum, so we decided to check it out.
    Not gonna lie...it was probably one of the dumbest things I have ever seen.
Bath Abbey
I honestly don't care that much about what people were wearing and walking though a bunch of mannikins got old fast. We got out of there in about 10 minutes and decided to go somewhere else. After seeing the beautiful church on the way in from the station, we went there and discovered a really cool place. Bath Abbey is one of the greatest Medieval churches in England, and they even have a cool museum underneath called the Vaults which tell of the history of the place. After the church, Joe and I couldn't think of much else to do in town, so we decided to catch a train home. It was a very cool and relaxing day overall, and being able to just hop on the train and come back home was great. Day trips like that are fun, and seeing the Roman Baths was a great way to start!
front entrance