Escaping to Bali

Bali Travel Blog

Entrance in Tegal Sari, Ubud

Finally, after 3 months we been separated we decided to meet in Bali, as per our plan, my bf, Glen, flew from South Korea via Kuala Lumpur and I came from Dubai. I flew first to Jakarta and changed to domestic flight to Bali, while he was having over night stop over in KL. Was safely touched down in Bali almost midnight, got into a cab, was lost for a while, needed to phone my friend in fact who worked at the place where we gonna stay to gave the taxi driver proper direction and I eventually found Clio Apartment. It apparently located quite secluded inside Seminyak area so probably that's why was quite difficult to find it.

Our room in Tegal Sari Hotel
 Love the room when i got in, it was a studio room, the interior was minimalist and modern, with mostly stone-made furniture, like table for TV, tile, and mostly in the kitchen and shower area. there was a little bamboo stairs by the shower to hang the towels. Apart from that, love the big comfy bed in the middle with two huge bean bags that placed alongside it. I had the place on my own that night, could have been better if we both could make it at the same time though but i tried just to take rest and focus on the next day as I will see him. Picked him up at the airport, it was his first time in Bali, was probably quite drastic the different from Seoul where he flew from as it was cold and in Bali was pretty hot that day, anyway I was so thrilled to finally reunite again. Impatiently waiting at the arrival terminal loll.
Our room in Tegal Sari Hotel
That day we were mostly relaxed and rest in the room. Had some food at nearby place,lots of cathing up :D

During our stay in Seminyak we rented a scooter as I always thinking that this is the best and always been my favorite way to explore the area, we were cruising to Kuta, Legian even until Jimbaran. Was very nice ride to Jimbaran, it was quite far from where we stayed, around 1 hour ride but it was great ride the whole time as you can feel all the breeze coming towards you. Spending time in Jimbaran beach the whole day sipping chilled Bintang Beer( Indonesian local beer) and just kicked back as if time was no longer mattered.

Stone bottom pool in Tegal Sari
Was indeed beautiful sunny day with blue ocean in front of us, sounds of the rolling waves and the sea breeze that kept blowing towards us accompanying our nap, on top of that what made it perfect was sharing this moments with someone that means alot to me.

We went for out and about on most of the nights, one of them was having dinner in Warung Made in Seminyak, there was some Salsa dancing going on on the stage that night, even the guests could be in the spotlight if they want. We had Indonesian dish like Gado-Gado(vary of steamed vegetable with peanut sauce) and Nasi Campur(Indonesian authentic mix rice). We did some bar hopping also, some night we went to a bar with live music in Seminyak on Oberoi street, there's bunch of bars there, watched a football at some sport bar in Poppies Lane also enjoying an accoustic performance in Legian, was good singer and quite an entertainer that night.

Dreamland Beach, Jimbaran

As part of our itinerary, we moved to Ubud and stayed there for few nights, we stayed at Tegal Sari, was located in the middle of rice field. the area was quite and all you hear is chippering birds, quacking ducks who greeted you in the morning haha.. The place was pretty homy and relax. As mainly mid range hotels in Bali, this place has comfy atmosphere with stone bottom pool, this is my favorite part of the hotel and it's just next from our room so you can literally jump in to it! :D

We took a ride also along Ubud with our rented scooter, visited Monkey Forest and watched how they hop on you if you have food! lol..could be more aggressive sometimes. One of the monkey even grab Glen's slipper and took it away haha and other monkey tried to steal one of the guide's lit cigarettes hahaha.

Dreamland Beach
..very cheeky and naughty little monsters loll! Then we went for another drive around the area, then next thing we knew, our scooter got flat tire!! and ended up with bit of row with the scooter rental shop then we just returned it as they tried to trick us as some point.

Was too quiet for us, young couples to stay in Ubud. But just for experience :) I guess maybe why we did this. We mostly eat in ordering room service as not many restaurants around and mainly was dark along the street by night and quiet as hardly people were wandering outside. Hmmm next time we should stay at the beach area, guess it suits us more lol..even if it's quiet, the sound of waves would happily entertain us.

We tried also rafting at Ayung River in Ubud, currant was not rough at all at this period of time. But was still great fun to spend a day :) as we passed by some of the luxury hotels along the river. Never imagine myself to stay there as it's just too pricey :)

Mainly was relaxing break in Bali, we might stay longer next time we visit the place and do some island hopping to neighbour place called Lombok.

View from our room
View from our room
Monkey Forest, Ubud
Monkey Forest, Ubud
Take care of each other :)
Take care of each other :)
us
us
in Dreamland beach
in Dreamland beach
Typical Balinese temple for offeri…
Typical Balinese temple for offer…
Studio room in Clio Apartment, Sem…
Studio room in Clio Apartment, Se…
Kitchen at Clio Apartment