Why turkey is in the top of my list...

Istanbul Travel Blog

This country that has had mixed cultures for centuries and it is placed in two continents being the main door to the east and Europe. Its people tried to own it all and expand their power and culture for ever, smart, pushing and loving people with an amazing heart that I find so similar to latinos, I guess is because we kind of kept many traditions and customs from those times that they ruled the world.
Turkey has also fantastic weather and geographic treasures with 4 seas, the Aegean, the Mediterranean, the Sea of Marmara and the Black sea, I guess there is no need to talk about the most amazing food !!! and their turkish baths and Spas...
They have culture, they have food, they have beautiful villages and views, then all come down to Istanbul.
There is not city in the world like Istanbul, so vibrant so alive so huge so cosmopolitan and yet so romantic and mystic.... The sound of the calls to prayer from the almost 3000 mosques through the city and the Bosphorus let you speechless even the locals that are not so religious hate it.
Make sure to see the beautiful Blue Mosque and ancient Agia Sofia, explore opulent Topkapi Palace and feel the Ottoman power just like the sultans did, get lost in the Bazar that is the oldest shopping mall in the world. Go for brunch to the "love cafe" by the Bosphorus it's fantastic and my personal favorite: the Basilica Cistern right by the Blue Mosque, this place will transport you to the real ancient times just walking down the stairs... Watch out for the Medusas !!
This is mostly why Turkey is in the top of my list, my heart is always there as I have wonderful friends there that I love.... I hope you enjoy it as much as I do every time I have the opportunity to be there. This pictures were taken in may and September 2009.
teÅ�ekkür ederim !!!
P.D the summary map here is showing for some strange reason the center of Turkey, I have never been there, though I will love to go one day, must be a sign !!!

spocklogic says:
Istanbul is an 'must see' city. BTW - your comment on the summary map must have been pointing you to Cappadocia, which I see you went to the next year.
Posted on: Jul 01, 2011
jenn79 says:
it really is! everything you described and more! =)
Posted on: Nov 14, 2009
Paisaroundeworld says:
Thank you Jenn, Isn't Istanbul and amazing city ???
Posted on: Nov 14, 2009