in the circle of artists and artistry.

i am here Travel Blog

du bist fern, so weit weg wie ein stern. wie kann ich, dich erreichen?
i could not describe how excited i am, to be able to be on the road with such talented persons, god gave them so much, their eyes and hands are gifts from above. i am already small and with them, i feel much smaller with their amazing skills in photography.

i may not be a photographer like them, but i see the world as how they see it - through its colors. in the shades of green in spring and summer, to the blazing red and orange hues of autumn and finally to the stillness and melancholic grey and white winter.

after visiting 9 countries this year and worked so hard this summer and autumn, i think its time to reward myself with the fruits of my labor. i would only be away for less than a week, but still, i would be visiting one of the most beautiful cities in the earth, venezia, the only and true queen of the adriatic and the country which my travel companion, ben was raving all about - though small it is but his favorite country, which is slovenia.
byiang.

one of my filipina friends, sylvia or byiang as she is known to travbuddy community, with her beautiful pictures, no one can miss her in travbuddy. last year we planned a trip together to eastern europe in autumn, our favorite time of the year, but unfortunately, i had to dropped out, because of some "financial" difficulties. but then she visited me here in düsseldorf, i was so glad to finally meet her in person! we've been chatting for a year! i was so crushed as we can't travel together because she is perfect for the road as a companion and a friend. when i was in the philippines this spring, she surprised me! as she flew one day from abu dhabi, her work base to manila, just to see me! i was so touched by that gesture and i told her, that we would travel travel travel together before the year ends - and came this great opportunity.
in the sky, someone watches over me.
we both have free time in the 2nd week of december, so why not do what we wanted to do?! TRAVEL TOGETHER! unfortunately, byiang already went to the countries we planned to visit - czech republic, hungary and slovakia, and i went there last winter, but theres still one country that we havent visited, a country which is at distance but within view - slovenia!

speaking of slovenia, i had someone i am constantly in contact with, living in this "obscure" (for me) country. i do not have any recollections how we managed to "find" each other in travbuddy, but since then, although we do not communicate regularly, we always keep in touch.

she invited me to come to her country and she the nature and beauty of it, because she knew - i am a person that appreciate the nature and the surroundings, but that was the time, i just came back from the philippines and i was broke, plus, i am organizing an "expedition" to iceland and that must come first, and i have to work almost 24/7 in summer and autumn.
barbara.
but seeing her stunning pictures of her home county, it magnetically drawed me to visit once in my lifetime, slovenia.

then, came the oportunity that i/and byiang are planning to go to slovenia, she was the first person i shared the news with.

i havent even started my trip yet, but i wanted to thank barbara in advance for arranging something for me and byiang in slovenia. she wanted us to feel the slovenian hospitality, which honestly, i do not know and i am excited to know the culture of the country.

she offered to have a roadtrip with us! together with her boyfriend - jernej, through the most stunning sights in slovenia and probably in europe itself.
jernej.
i cannot wait for that. the four of us will have maybe... some adventures, or misadventures along the way? who knows. i feel a little bit insecure because they are true artists.

but then, these insecurities faded, as i again will be once more on the road, and the most much awaited moment, is to have a journey in the circle of artists and around artistry.

lauro says:
Posted on: Jan 09, 2010
boriana84 says:
that too
Posted on: Jan 09, 2010
du bist fern, so weit weg wie ein …
du bist fern, so weit weg wie ein…
byiang.
in the sky, someone watches over m…
in the sky, someone watches over …
i am here