in the sky someone watches over me.

i am here Travel Blog

two friends who met online and one day promised to travel together, who shares the same passion of seeing the world through its colors have agreed to do a journey - to visit the queen city of the adriatic "la serenissima" and with the children of nature - we will follow the trails of the legendary zlatorog, into the júlijske álpe and uncover the beauty of the mystic emerald river!

i had to laugh, ponder and tears welled up in my eyes as i was writing this entry, because, i could not believe that i am again to wander away from home which is far away from my home. months have passed since my incredible journey with ben in the philippines, which had full of suprises and misadventures along the way.

and then came a would-be tragic moment in my life or my possible death, as i avoided millimeters from car crashing that resulted into germany's worst motorway accident, it was a roadtrip to eastern germany and poland. i saw how cars with speed of 100 kms/h crashing into each other like toys with passengers inside. i was in state of shock and i couldnt speak for a moment. but i never laughed so hard in my entire life, as how i narrowly escaped death.

there are many more near to death escapes from doing roadtrips and trips, some while i was asleep and the car almost crashed, the driver was falling asleep, almost falling into a cliff with nothing to hold on except brittle rocks and dry grass, sailing with a small boat into the eye of a typhoon..... ah many more...

after the incident in the german autobahn (highway) i got really scared stepping inside a car. i got sweaty and crampy and i couldnt breath properly, specially if driving into the autobahn.  the last time i was inside a car - i almost vomited and got dizzy because i was really scared.

i have a great passion for roadtrips, ever since i was a child, ive been doing roadtrips with my father. i rode with him whenever he goes, short and long distances. my father is the traveler of the family, he travels for work and so many beautiful countries he had seen and till now, i couldnt even match him, but i am slowly following his footsteps.

but the incident changed my feelings for it, i became.... i got .. i had fear for  the roads. but then again.. as i looked to all these things that happened to me, although i narrowly escaped some or was unscathed, there was this.... this certain force, who always guided me, who pulls me from unfortunate incidents that would happen.

then came a great opportunity, as i was invited again to do a roadtrip, that i am sure that more misadventures would come than adventures, but life is too short, to withdraw myself for the single thing that gives me happines.

i know that she would always be there for me no matter what and no matter how.

....... because in the sky, someone watches over me.

lauro says:
i write what i really felt from my heart and my true experiences - wwhether readers may like it or not, but it was what i felt! lol
Posted on: Jan 08, 2010
Africancrab says:
I like reading your blogs, intriguing indeed :)
Posted on: Jan 07, 2010