My time in Springfield...

Springfield Travel Blog

My time in Springfield is quickly coming to an end, thank goodness!  I have ten days left before I move, and let me tell you, it can't come soon enough!  We are in the last day of Session (fingers crossed, but no matter, my last day is next Friday), but that means schedules change at the drop of a hat (and around here, that's Lincoln's hat).  Like last night, I had to stay late to analyze the budget which still has to be debated on the House floor.

My time in Springfield has been interesting, learning the behind the scenes of the state legislature.  And, if you are a resident of Illinois, I highly recommend you visit the capital during Session to watch the legislative processes.  But, with all that said, I am glad to be leaving the city of Springfield.  With only a handful of days left, I'm trying to figure out if there is anything yet that I need to do while here.  Eat a Mel-o-Cream donut, but I'm planning on getting those on moving day for my family and friends that come to help.  Find not just the best cupcake, but try and find a single cupcake in the city (I have an obsession with cupcakes and cupcake bakeries, and they don't seem to exist here).  Plus, I do need to eat some of Joe Rogers' famous chili, but if that doesn't happen, I won't lose sleep.  (Hmm, my to-do list completely involves food...)

But, that's all I can think of.  I've been to the Lincoln attactions and seen the State Museum and historical monuments.  I think that's it! I'm more than ready to leave!

photo by: DrewSFO