Preparing for the new adventure.

Port Alfred Travel Blog

As I sit here writing this entry I can happily say that all my preparation is done. Maybe I should back track a little to show how I have arrived at this point.

As most of my friends will know, I was retrenched from my job in Bahrain. And have been back at home since July 2009, job hunting. That went very slowly, so slow that as I write this I'm still unemployed. Then I found out about this oppurtunity to become a pilot. In Port Alfred there is a flying school called, 43 Air School, which has a reputation for being one of the best flying schools in South Africa. So I signed up using all of my savings from Bahrain to do my PPL. Then provided how well I do then I hope to be selected as a cadet at the air school. This will mean being employed by the school for the next 3 years while I work towards my Commercial License.

Now the school is fully booked on the flying side until February next year, and to accommodate me being unemployed I will be starting my Ground School now on the 16 November 2009, then will have a small break before returning to the school in February to do all of my flying hours.

So now back to the present. Everything is ready, I have my tickets on the Bazz Bus to arrive in Port Alfred on the 15 November. My accommodation in Port Alfred is organised. I have already been for my Aviation Medical which I passed with flying colours.

So stay tuned as I will keep this updated as this adventure unfolds.
pms70 says:
Good luck with this wonderful new opportunity!
Posted on: Nov 12, 2009