Into Phnom Penh...

Phnom Penh Travel Blog

Angkor beer
    The much awaited trip finally is here.  It didn't start off on the good note.. a few days earlier Singapore's Changi Airport introduced new "security" measures for liquds being taken on board.  These ridiculous new rules forced not only long waits, but also many people to lose their water, toothpaste, gels, perfume, etc.  I don't know who is the genious that came up with this, but really, let's think reality here - if a terrorist is going to blow up a plane, he is going to find a way.  Knowing that the fellow passengers on the plane also don't have their toothpaste with them doesn't make me feel any more safer then before.

Ok, so onto the trip... we flew into Phnom Penh's airport which I guess is relatively newly built, and quiet nice!  Getting Visa on Arrival didn't take too long either (the ironic thing is, my friend who decided to get an "e-visa" so he can get thru faster, was the last person to get thru Customs because he didn't fill out one of the forms correctly ha-ha!).  By the time we left our stuff at a friends apt it was already around 10pm.  We headed to FCC to have some dinner and drinks.  After that we walked along the street and sat at a cozy bar to have some more Angkor beers.  That was pretty much it for the night, as tomorrow morning we were waking up early and taking off for Siem Reap.
Happy Pizza??? huh? whats that? :P