Birthday out and about

Dubai Travel Blog

Yep exactly 30 years ago I was born in this world. Gosh turning 30 it seems unusual for me hahaha... I don't think I'm ready yet as in the back of my mind somehow I'm still thinking twenty something loll... but not anymore, from now I need to get used to say i am 30 years old. it's kinda mixed up feelings, but at some point i'm expecting mysef as I grow older to be more mature and wiser in making decisions in my life. Anyway I went out last night for Ladies night with roomies and some other girls to a club called Chi at the Lodge in Dubai, was free flow of bubbly champagne the whole night, lucky for the ladies :) apart from that the music was great too, ambience was so so as probably it was weekdays still so not many people hanging around in a bar in such a late hours.

Chi at the Lodge
We stayed for few drinks here then off to another place called Double Decker at Murooj Rotana Hotel, here also there's ladies night going on so it's like we got 3 rounds of free drinks for each lady haha.. music was not as good as Chi but we still had great time there, we played pool also although we're not good at it but I like this game plus we all were tipsy sometimes and we hit the white ball out of the pool table and inside the hole!!! hahaha....this maybe more than just tipsy lol... anyway, all just the sake of fun, nothing serious :D Who counted the scores anyway hahaha...The next morning I felt bit hangover but most specially it's my "day" today so I decided not to go to work, since I've been living in Dubai for 4 years, I always worked on my birthday so I thought to myself , not today Sita! go out and have some fun on your special day :D Then I spent the day on my own receving phone calls of birthday wishes, replying birthday wishes in facebook and travbuddy(thank you all for this :D) and for the first time I tried the Metro as they just started operating in September, but i was in New Zealand for the whole month so before today I haven't given it a try.
It was a nice sunny and warm day today, the metro and the station reminded me alot of Singapore. Sitting in the metro looking out the city, the sky craper buildings and the whole view of Dubai, it seemed this place has changed a lot since 4 years ago and plus I never seen the city from this angle lol so it does look different. I always like train ride and it's so nice to sit in the metro and looking out the view along the way. there's more and more development going on here, mall after mall, hotel after hotel...The Metro is so clean and even there's security inside the metro, had a nice chat with one of them, he's a very friendly phillipino guy who thought at first I was a phillipino (I got this alot I guess :). The metro itself has special carriage only for Women and children section, and the rest are mix gender.
Even in the bus they have partition for  this, what's not here in UAE, you wanna take a wild guess? ...yes even they do this for Bank, they called Ladies Bank only branch hahaha.. sometimes I found it too much but anyway, who am I to judge? So after the metro ride I went to Deira City Center, it's a shopping center off from the metro station and had very nice lunch there then I was planning since morning to watch a movie but I gave it a miss eventually as this weekend me and my roomies are set to watch 2012 (has anybody watched this?) I can't wait to watch this movie, I heard the special effect were great!! at least it's quite convincing of how the world will look when it comes to its end, but I don't wanna think about this to happen in such a near future!!!! :(

This evening we have little celebration just me and the girls at this japanese place nearby our place called "SUMO" the sushi was delicious and sashimi was fresh and tasty :) Food here never disapponts us!!

Now I'm just off to bed after finishing this blog and thinking I hope my boss won't give me hard time tomorrow at work :)) loll.

Hmmm.... 30? Bring it on ;) *wink*

dothoin says:
i enjoyed it didn't really know what to expect before i went as i don't like to do too much research i feel it spoils the surprise sometimes ...so how are things Down Under?
sita_11 says:
thanks dothoin,oh u just back from there? how was it?i don't live there anymore, enough with the sand pit haha! now trying to fit myself in in much more green kinda place...Auckland, NZ lol :)
dothoin says:
great blog on dubai ...just back from there
Outside chi