Fatehpur Sikri to Agra

Fatehpur Sikri Travel Blog

On the road bound for Agra
Remember the Tapas style curry? Did you think that was a good idea? Well, I woke up today with the dreaded Delhi belly. Nothing too serious but had the nightmareish prospect of a 6 hour bus journey to Agra yikes! What was I to do? Well I had no choice but to make a joke of it. I ‘proudly’ told the bus that if we stopped suddenly and I got out to make sure they look the other way hehehe! It was fine in the end though, excuse the pun, no dignity lost after all! India initialisation ceremony completed, par for the course, serves me right for having such a sensitive western stomach right! So, we stopped at the ‘abandoned city’ of Fatehpur Sikri, and to be honest I was feeling too fragile to take much in.
Fatehpur Sikri
I did hear yet more stories of a shortass king with three wives, one hindu, one muslim and one christian. He enjoyed playing a special game of ludo in the courtyard of that palace using naked women instead of play pieces, using some of his 600 or so extramarital lovers! That was about all I took in before we left for Agra.

Agra, what a tourist trap. So different again to Delhi and Jaipur, much more industrial in feel with billboards, internet cafes and pizza hut! Lacking character. Checked into room and crashed for the evening. Watched a shocking TV documentary about snake charmers. Apparently they remove the venom sacs from snakes, which I was aware of, but this means that the snakes cannot digest their food properly so they die a slow painful death over about a month. Awful. Got room service hot chocolate with Linds, managing to shock the poor waiter seeing us in bed together wearing not many clothes. Oops, forgot we were in India there for a moment. Hot choc and early night for early morning to the Taj next day. How very rock and roll!
Soultrekker says:
Classic...India is m dream destination but I am dreading the infamous Dehli Belly!!
Posted on: Apr 11, 2012
Mezmerized says:
Ooops Mangesh I think you are right there.. Cut and pasted from my phone, damn predictive text :-( Cheers
Posted on: Nov 20, 2009
Ruby12 says:
pics are beautiful, nice colour! :)
Posted on: Nov 19, 2009