Back to Blighty

New Delhi Travel Blog

Had a scary moment at Delhi airport. It was about 2am, we were waiting for check-in to open and me and Linds decided to kill time with our sun salutation moves! Just as we finished and realised we had quite an audience, saw a guy we work with, Andrew, looking straight at us and smiling. Unmistakable, ginger/blonde hair and glasses. WTF? I knew Andrew was coming to Delhi but thought he was leaving England after we returned. Just about to go over and talk to him and realised it wasn't him after all!! Man, I don't think I have ever been this tired, was hallucinating!!!

Think about all the places we travelled to, the experiences we had. This was all within TWO WEEKS!!!! It was a mindblowing experience but, to be honest, was a bit too ambitious, way too much. India is the most intense and diverse places I have been, overwhelming sometimes, frustrating at others, but also highly rewarding, touching, peaceful. Its about not what we are but who we are.. It is a very difficult country to navigate round and I was very happy to be travelling with others. Pretty sure I would have felt a bit intimidated and confused to be solo on my first visit to India. I do want to go back though, I feel have only had a taste of India. I would love to spend more time with the people, go and trace my grandmothers history, and her father who was involved in setting up the railways there. Maybe visit more remoteness in the Himalayas, venture down South.

Realised just how exhausted I was when boarded plane, then woke up in Doha!!! I had completely slept through safety demo, takeoff and the whole 4 hour or so flight!!! Yikes! Never slept through the actual take off before that's usually the best bit!

**************************THE END BYEEEEEE**************************
anadi_w says:
hey you come to India visited most places but why you have not visited Varanasi and Khajuraho,these are near to Agra.
Posted on: Jan 18, 2010
Dr_Seuss says:
Yay, back to Blighty to start planning going away again.

Great read Karen, all of it 8)
Posted on: Dec 02, 2009