hitting the beach on the Gulf

Indian Rocks Beach Travel Blog

Indian Rocks Beach

We drove over to the Gulf for a little beach action.  We were all excited to go swimming and lay out in the sun.  Thanks to Hurricane Ida, all we had was clouds, wind and big waves.  Dad and I waded, but Jedd took off swimming.  The water was cool at first, but you got used to it.  We aren't that familiar with oceans, so we got splashed a few times and spent the morning in wet pants.  But hey, it was warm and the wind dried the pants quickly.  Who cares if your pants are wet?  You're at the beach!

Jedd and I found a couple geocaches in the area and somehow he conned my dad into stopping for them.  I have never been able to convince my dad to stop the car so I could find a geocache!

We stopped at Sand Key Beach next.  My parents were here for a convention about 10 years ago and stayed at the hotel next to this beach.  My dad would walk in the park in the morning, around a little pond.  He wondered what he would do if he met an alligator, but he never did. We stopped for a geocache here and dad got in trouble for parking on the side of the road, so he was grumpy and wouldn't stop for anymore geocaches.

my family on the beach