Clearwater Travel Blog

don't need the umbrellas today

We stopped in Clearwater and the beach was pretty dead.  Granted it was a Monday and the weather was not very nice.  We walked out along the pier, but didn't make it to the end for two reasons.  1) it cost 50 cents to go to the end and 2) Jedd and I got distracted looking for a geocache.  We ended up finding it, but mom helped us out by deciphering the clue.   Mom pointed which direction the sun set and we realized we were looking on the wrong side of the pier.  I was leaning on the railing while Jedd searched from below - turns out it was right under me!

We didn't stay long, because everyone had to get home.  They had an 8 hour drive back to Atlanta and I had a plane to catch.

seagulls over Pier 60
  We drove back to Tampa and ate one last family meal together at the Village Inn.  I was pushing for a more local restaurant, but that was the concensus.  The food was good, the company was good, but it was time to go.  I was dropped off at the hotel to change and pick up my car and they took off.  I had an hour to kill before I had to be at the airport, so I decided to go geocaching (of course!).

I really wanted to visit Upper Tampa Bay regional park, so I went there.  But it took longer to get there than I thought, so I never quite made it.  I had to turn around and come back :(  I should have gone back to Davis Island to find those caches but I was hoping to see something new.  Instead all I saw was a suburb of Tamps and no parks.  Oh well.

Overall it was a fun trip, but too short.  The weather was perfect for half of the trip and still nicer than back home for the rest of it.  It was fun meeting Old School Bill, too.  It was a welcome and needed long weekend.

dont need the umbrellas today
don't need the umbrellas today
seagulls over Pier 60
Jedd looking for the geocache :)
Jedd looking for the geocache :)
Clearwater Beach
Clearwater Beach
watch out for ice-cream stealing b…
watch out for ice-cream stealing …
jumping turtles